ID Commerce downloads allow you to easily attach individual products, downloads, and links to a specific membership level. Once created, a download will show on the member dashboardin an active state (if they have access to that download) or inactive state.
In an inactive state, users will be able to click to learn more about products they don’t own, or buy them on the spot using our instant checkout feature. In an active state, users will be able to download or view content you have provided.
During download creation/editing, you can customize everything from the button display to the image thumbnail. You can also link to downloads from any location on the web. This works great for self-hosted downloads, Amazon S3 downloads, or even links to protected content.
1. Visit your ID Commerce settings menu via the WordPress admin
2. Look for the download settings box and complete the following fields:
If you’ve created a ID Commerce product, you should see it listed below the input fields. Select a level to attach download. Downloads can belong to multiple levels.
3. Click Create
As you can imagine, editing downloads is very straight forward:
1. Select the download you wish to edit via the drop down selector
2. Edit any fields that you need to change
3. Click save
This works especially well for software downloads, where you might need to release a new version. To do that, simply update the version number and download link then save. The rest is done automatically!
You can encourage repeat business by making it easy for your customers to shop again with dashboard purchases. Once you’ve checked “Enable Dashboard Purchases”, you’ll be presented with two additional options:
1. Assign a product to the instant purchase. When the user purchases the download from their dashboard, they will additionally be assigned to the product/membership level specified here. You can use this to chain a series of downloads and product levels together, if desired, giving you a great deal of flexibility in providing upgrade paths and exclusive content for your customers.
2. Assign a crowdfunding campaign. If you select a project from the menu here, all sales amounts will update the amount of funds raised for the project specified.
By setting the Enable Licensing option to “yes”, your download will have a unique registration key associated with it for each customer who owns a copy. The number of times a download’s registration key can be activated is inherited from the “Licenses per download” setting of the product it is assigned to. While we have future plans to further automate this feature, for now you can access existing key information directly through your WordPress MySQL database – it’s stored in a table dedicated to registration keys, called memberdeck_keys.